sábado, 8 de setembro de 2018

sempre a dar bronca

Kaleem Aftab: You've used present-day documentary footage to emphasise action in a fictional feature film before - the Rodney King beating at the start of Malcolm X, for example. What is the power of mixing modern documentary footage into period fiction?
Spike Lee: (…) I was in Martha's Vineyard last August 11th and 12th when that debacle happened in Charlottesville. We did not go into production on BlacKkKlansman until the fall, and I was really moved watching what was happening on TV, on CNN, and really it was David Duke, the alt-right, neo-Nazis and the Klan that wrote the ending for BlacKkKlansman that was not the original ending. Those motherfuckers wrote the ending at the expense of the life of Heather D. Heyer [killed when a car was driven into a crowd of counter-protesters]. Once that happened in August, I always knew I had my ending. I just didn't write it.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Are You talkin' to Me ?