quarta-feira, 5 de fevereiro de 2020

Coney Island Lou


"I was born in Brooklyn and I am a Coney Island Baby. 
It was 1975 and I was being sued by a manager and his producer brother. I had released an album called Metal Machine Music which had had an unusually high number of returns and was taken off the market in 3 weeks. I had no money and no guitars. The roadies had taken them when they hadn't been paid. I was in debt to everyone, including the musicians union. RCA put me up in a hotel while the future fell, to be decided.
My friend Ken Glancy was the President of the company and he was a straight shooter and a noble man of honor. He asked me if I would promise not to do Son of Metal Machine Music. I said for sure. I was nothing but trouble. The nightmare of betrayal haunted me.
Ken put me up in the Gramercy Park Hotel. (...) I wasn't going anywhere but to the union, the lawyers and accountants to try to get me out of the classic mess I had let happen to me. I was amongst other things in contempt of court and had not had my taxes paid for the last 5 years.
Then Ken Glancy called and told me ok, pick a studio and go in and make a rock record.
And so I did."

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Are You talkin' to Me ?