quinta-feira, 4 de novembro de 2010

"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" - Parte II (com Maggie, the Cat)

- He walked toward me... with a funny sort of smile on his face. Then he did the strangest thing. He kissed me. That was the first time he'd ever touched me. And then I knew what I was going to do. I'd get rid of Skipper.
I'd show Brick that their deep, true friendship was a big lie.
I'd prove it by showing... that Skipper would make love to his best friend's wife.
He didn't need any coaxing.
He was more than willing.
He even seemed to have the same idea.
- You're just trying to whitewash it.
- I'm not! I was trying to win back my husband. It didn't matter how. I would've done anything. Even that. But at the last second... I got panicky.
Supposing I lost you instead?
Supposing you'd hate me instead of Skipper?
So I ran.
- I have an announcement.

- What kind of an announcement?
- An announcement of life beginning. A child is coming... sired by Brick out of Maggie the cat. I have Brick's child in my body.
(...)
- You heard what Big Daddy said, "That girl's got life in her body."
- That's a lie!
- No. No, truth is something desperate, and Maggie's got it. Believe me, it is desperate, and she has got it.
(...)
- Thank you for keeping still. For backing me up in my lie.
- We are through with lies and liars in this house. Lock the door.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Are You talkin' to Me ?